Video has been around a while! In the 80s, it’s reportedly “killed the radio star” via the television. Today, in content marketing, it’s once again taken over as people’s preferred content to consume. And although it hasn’t really “killed” the other “content stars” (e.g. email and blogs), it’s beginning to look a lot like it actually did. The numbers are out pointing to video production as the king of the content marketing realm:
Why is Video the King of Content?The reason video is the undeniable king of content formats is this: Video has the unique ability to combine elements of all the other content types into one easy to digest format. These formats include text, sound, imagery and movement. Some of the other content types can be combined such as text and images, however, only video can truly combine them all. For this reason, it is considered the King of Content. I hear you, but why does it take the top spot?
3 Reasons why video should be in your content strategy
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain text results. (Source: aimClear)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. (insivia)
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle).
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe).
Interested in simple, fast and effective video? Shootsta can help
To find out more about how we can help you with your video needs, please enter your details below. We’ll get in touch as soon as possible.
"*" indicates required fields