Millennials don’t trust traditional advertising. It’s also quite likely they make up a large portion of your target audience. So, how do you get these 18-34-year-olds to engage with your brand? Answer: you need authentic, unobtrusive marketing that appeals to the tech-savvy, adventurous, socially conscious, ambitious and uber-collaborative nature of this generation.
Here are 3 reasons video is essential for marketing to millennials:
1. Quite Simply, They Love Video
We could go on about how much millennials love video, but we’ll just highlight some quick stats instead:
- 8 out of 10 millennials find video helpful when researching products
- Millennials are 150% more likely than baby boomers to comparison shop using video (even in-store)
- 76% of millennials report following brands or companies on YouTube
- 85% of millennials find video product demonstrations helpful
- 69% of millennials find video customer testimonials helpful
What Kinds of Videos Do Millennials Engage With?
Overall, research shows that millennials don’t mind video advertising, as long as it’s not overly promotional and has emotional impact. According to Clear Voice, the most important factor for millennial video content is narrative – and videos that use humour, or embody themes like family or inspiration, engage more millennial viewers.