Social video is everywhere we go, literally. Why? Well for starters, it’s highly likely you own a smartphone, which, is filled to the brim with Apps including those for the big four social giants: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram. we all have a smartphone, in fact, you’re probably reading this post on it right now! To kick things off, I’d like to break it down, start at the beginning and explain from a marketers perspective what social video is…
Social video is any digital video content that’s purposely been created to be watched and shared on social media networks.
Social video provides for some serious marketing bang for your buck, even more so these days thanks to recent algorithms changes and the fact that people the world over are opting to watch a video, over reading the text-based equivalent.
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook daily. – TubularInsights
- 10 billion videos are being watched on Snapchat daily. – Adweek
- 82% of Twitter users watch video on Twitter. – Bloomberg
- 65% of Instagram ad impressions were from video content. – Instagram
- About 110 years worth of live video is being watched on Periscope daily. – Periscope
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. – Responsive Bound Marketing.
While each social media platform has a unique set of audiences, it’s clear that the content of choice across all platforms is video.
The demand is high and increasing, but only 63% of companies report that they’re using video as a marketing tool.
What does that mean for business? That there’s so much more room for growth!
Why Marketers Transform into Social Video Evangelists
- 52% of global marketing professionals identified video as the content type with the best ROI. – Syndacast
- Revenue growth for marketers who use video is 49% faster than non-video users. – VidYard
Any brand or company that isn’t using video as part of their marketing strategy is throwing away precious opportunities for conversion and eventually sales, according to these Animoto figures:
60% of Facebook users admit to watching at least one branded video a day.
64% of consumers say that a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision in the last month.
Why Incorporate Social Videos in Your Marketing Plan?
While hard-selling repels people, social video has a unique appeal to the market. It has a lot to do with customer journey, and how easy it is to lead your primary target audience from the Awareness stage, through to Conversion past the close phase and finally onto the delights phase if we followed HubSpot’s Inbound Methodology.
If the marketing message goes straight into purchase (hard-selling) without establishing any connection, the customer would be turned off. Similar to asking someone to marry you on your first date! 😄
Want 3 Reasons to create some video for social?
1. Videos are great for triggering emotions. They’re effective for engagement and trust-building.
2. Videos can explain everything, even the most complicated concepts and ideas.
3. Videos encourage social shares, and that means more exposure.
So, do Shootsta clients make social videos too? You betcha! Check out some of them below.
Harper Collins Publishers Australia
If you enjoyed this article, we’d love for you to share it with your peers. Whilst you’re here why not join our community and stay abreast of all things video.