It’s not that LinkedIn didn’t know that video is where the money is in digital advertising, they just wanted to take “a thoughtful approach” to native video to ensure that it adds value and that it fits seamlessly to their members’ posts. A very business-like approach! So, okay, now that LinkedIn native video is up, how to take advantage of it?
First, what are its features? What can it do?
- Lets you record and upload video within the app.
- Upload from the app and web.
- Lets you shoot and record in horizontal and vertical formats.
- Crops vertical videos to square in the feed, displays horizontal videos in full.
- Auto plays silently.
- Allows for three seconds to 10-minute long videos with five gigabytes maximum file size.
What can’t it do (yet)?
- Can’t livestream.
- Doesn’t have inbuilt subtitling or auto-captioning.
- Doesn’t allow companies to post. It’s for members only (for now).